Hey everyone! 👋

Isn’t it incredible how one conversation can completely change the course of our careers? I’ve always believed that networking isn’t just about swapping business cards or connecting on LinkedIn—it’s about building authentic relationships and discovering mutual opportunities.

:rocket: A Personal Reflection:
There was this one time when a casual chat over coffee led me to an opportunity I’d never even imagined. It made me realize that sometimes, the most unexpected encounters can have the most profound impacts.

:briefcase: Your Turn:
Have you experienced something similar? A serendipitous moment or an unexpected chat that became a turning point in your professional life? I’d love to hear your stories!

:wrench: Golden Nuggets:
For the seasoned networkers among us, what wisdom would you impart to someone just starting their networking journey? Any tips, tricks, or perhaps a networking faux pas to avoid?

:writing_hand: New to the Game?
If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed by the whole networking concept or wondering where to even begin, don’t hesitate to chime in. We’re all here to learn and support one another.

Connections can be magical, and every interaction holds potential. Let’s share, learn, and perhaps even have a few laughs along the way. Eager to hear your stories and insights! :arrow_down:

2 Likes

Hi @bengal-03 I’m Devan. I’m from Cape Town, South Africa. I’m a junior student studying a BSBA. This is my first time being exposed to the ReferMarket community. I’m very excited to expand my horizons and meet like-minded professional in tech, business, finance, and product. I’m eager to learn from others and exchange ideas and opportunities.

1 Like

Hi Devan :wave:,

It’s great to have you join here from Cape Town. We’re all about exchanging ideas and opportunities, so you’ve come to the right place. Dive into the discussions and let’s learn from each other. Let’s make those connections count! :rocket:

Thank you so much! If I may ask, what is your background - professional or student? MBB, FAANG / Big Tech, Big 4? I’d love to learn and reach to people! @bengal-03

Hi Devan,

I’m a professional, I work at as independent contractor in the tech industries, a few of them. Yes, thats why we’re here! Chasing opportunity and networking. Have you tried to get refferal?

1 Like

That’s awesome @bengal-03 !!
Unfortunately no - I did apply for a referral with Microsoft because I applied for several internships in product management (both in Redmond & Mountain View, CA) and program management (Redmond), and consulting. I requested a referral, but my status is unfilled because no one declined or accepted my request.

I hope this is not too forward, but is it possible to connect via LinkedIn or possibly learn about your experience in the tech industry? As a business undergrad, I have developed an interest in product / program management because the integration of business, tech, and strategy is interesting to me.