Referral for Microsoft's First-Year Internship Program

Hey there,

My name is Anantjyot Grang.

As an avid Software Engineering student at the University of Waterloo, I am enthusiastic and passionate about exploring avenues to further develop my skillset, and I believe that the Microsoft Explore program is the perfect opportunity for me to achieve my goals. As it is designed for first-year students like myself, I believe I can seek great value from the program in the form of mentorship and exposure to new technologies.

In the past, I have interned at Canada’s largest bank (RBC) twice, which has allowed me to gain knowledge of many industry tools, languages, and frameworks, some of which include React, Angular, TypeScript, SQL, ElasticSearch, and more. During the summer of 2023, I led an Agile team to cut on-boarding times for new developers by 60%. And the summer before that, I revamped an internal application, increasing its data accuracy while reducing data-indexing times by 50x.

I firmly believe that my past technical experiences have taught me various skills that will be directly applicable as a Software Engineering intern in the Microsoft Explore program.

If you find that my qualifications and resume align with the expectations of the Explore program, I would greatly appreciate your support in the form of a referral for my application.

I look forward to answering any further questions you may have!